Texas Tech - UAPB Postgame Notes|
Dec. 4, 2013
TEXAS TECH – ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF NOTES
TEXAS TECH 58, ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF 50 - FINAL
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013
United Spirit Arena – Lubbock, Texas
- Today’s attendance was 3,410.
- There were 2 lead changes during the game.
- There were 2 ties during the game.
- UAPB’s largest lead was 1 (8-7) at 12:43 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 14 (48-34) at 7:12 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 4-3 on the season.
- Texas Tech is 4-1 at home this season.
- UAPB moves to 1-6 on the season.
- Texas Tech is 2-0 all-time against UAPB.
- Texas Tech is 2-0 against UAPB in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech is 8-3 all-time when playing on Dec. 4.
- Candi Whitaker is 4-3 in her first season as Tech’s head coach.
- Candi Whitaker is 1-0 vs. UAPB.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
BATTLE LEADING THE CONFERENCE
Texas Tech guard Amber Battle leads the Big 12 Conference in rebounds per game and remains the only player in the conference averaging a double-double with 17.1 points and 10.7 rebounds this season.
BATTLE ON THE BOARDS
Texas Tech junior Amber Battle had 10 rebounds of more for the fourth time this season.
Texas Tech junior Amber Battle scored 17 pts and 15 rebounds for her third double-double this season. She ties KU's Chelsea Gardner for most double-doubles in the Big 12 Conference this season. Her 15 rebounds is a new career-high.
TECH MATCHES LOWEST POINT TOTAL IN HALF
The 25 points in the first half matches the lowest point total in a half for Texas Tech this season. The Lady Raiders scored 25 in the first half of Saturday's game against Rutgers at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Tech’s 58 points was its lowest total in a win this season.