Texas Tech - Northern Colorado Postgame Notes
Dec. 16, 2012
TEXAS TECH - NORTHERN COLORADO POSTGAME NOTES
Sunday, Dec. 16, 2012
United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
- Today's attendance was 4,533.
- There were no lead changes during the game.
- There were two ties during the game.
- Northern Colorado never had a lead.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 27 (68-41) at 1:09 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech is now 8-1 on the season and 7-0 at home.
- Texas Tech is 2-0 all-time vs Northern Colorado.
- Kristy Curry is now 296-139 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 117-88 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 1-0 all-time against Northern Colorado.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Texas Tech shot 65.2 percent in the first half (15 of 23) its highest single half output in at least the last four years. The Lady Raiders shot 64.3 percent (18 of 28) in the second half of its win on Dec. 5 against Illinois and 62.5 percent (15 of 24) vs. North Dakota on Dec. 28, 2009.
Senior point guard Monique Smalls started her 109th consecutive game for Texas Tech on Sunday. Smalls owns the nation's longest consecutive starting streak among active players. She's trying to become only the second Lady Raider to start every game all four seasons. Erin Grant started 128 games from 2002-06.
Texas Tech held Northern Colorado to just six field goals in the second half. It was the ninth time Texas Tech held an opponent to nine or less field goals in a half this season. It was also the eighth time in which an opponent was held to 56 points or less this season.
COUNTDOWN TO 1,000
Senior guard Casey Morris scored 18 points and had a season-high five 3-pointers in the win on Sunday. Morris has 959 career points, needing only 41 to hit the 1,000-point mark.
Official Gear of the