Texas Tech - Illinois Notes|
Dec. 17, 2011
TEXAS TECH - ILLINOIS NOTES
Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011
United Center, Chicago, Ill.
- Texas Tech came into the game ranked No. 15 in The Associated Press Poll and No. 20 in the USA Today/Coaches Poll.
- There were no lead changes during the game.
- There were two ties during the game.
- Illinois never led.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 12 at 2:09 in the second half.
- The six-point win is Tech's second-smallest margin of victory this season. The Lady Raiders beat Penn State 70-66 on Dec. 3.
- Tech improves to 9-0 on the season. It's the first time Tech has started out 9-0 under head coach Kristy Curry (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is now 97-73 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 276-124 overall (12 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 11-1 against Illinois.
- Texas Tech is 1-0 all-time against Illinois.
- Texas Tech is now 805-373 (14th all-time NCAA Women's Basketball in wins)
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech extended its winning streak to nine games. The Lady Raiders are just one of three Big 12 Conference teams (Baylor, Oklahoma State) who are still undefeated. Tech has a 14-game non-conference winning streak and has not lost a regular season, non-conference game since at Penn State last season (Dec. 5, 2010).
Junior guard Christine Hyde tied a career-high with 18 points to lead Texas Tech. Hyde was 6 of 10 from the field and tied a career-high with three 3-pointers.
Texas Tech senior forward Kierra Mallard scored 12 points and had 10 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season and 20th of her career. She led Tech in rebounds for the sixth game this season.