Texas Tech - CSU Bakersfield Notes|
Dec. 30, 2011
TEXAS TECH – CSU BAKERSFIELD NOTES
Surf n' Slam Classic
Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011
Jenny Craig Pavilion, San Diego, Calif.
- Texas Tech came into the game ranked No. 13 in The Associated Press Poll and No. 18 in the USA Today/Coaches Poll. That matches the highest ranking in six years for Lady Raiders
- There were two lead changes during the game.
- There was one tie during the game.
- CSU Bakersfield’s largest lead was four at 16:50 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 29 at 7:24 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 11-0 on the season.
- Texas Tech is off to its best start since going 15-0 to begin the 2004-05 season.
- Kristy Curry has an 11-0 team for the first time in 13 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 99-73 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 279-124 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 1-0 against CSU Bakersfield.
- Texas Tech is 1-0 all-time against CSU Bakersfield.
- Texas Tech is now 807-373 (14th all-time NCAA Women’s Basketball in wins)
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech extended its winning streak to 11 games. The Lady Raiders are just one of three Big 12 Conference teams (Baylor, Oklahoma State) who are still undefeated. Tech has a 16-game non-conference winning streak and has not lost a regular season, non-conference game since at Penn State last season (Dec. 5, 2010).
Sophomore forward Shauntal Nobles scored a career-high 14 points and led the team with eight rebounds. Nobles scored 11 points earlier this season against Central Arkansas (Nov. 26). Junior guard Mary Bokenkamp also scored a season-high 10 points in the win over CSU Bakersfield. Bokenkamp was 2 of 7 from 3-point land marking her first game this season with multiple 3-point field goals.
CLOSING IN ON 100