Texas Tech - San Diego Notes
Dec. 31, 2011
TEXAS TECH – SAN DIEGO NOTES
Surf n’ Slam Classic
Friday, Dec. 30, 2011
Jenny Craig Pavilion, San Diego, Calif.
- Texas Tech came into the game ranked No. 13 in The Associated Press Poll and No. 18 in the USA Today/Coaches Poll. That matches the highest ranking in six years for the Lady Raiders
- There were eight lead changes during the game.
- There was 10 ties during the game.
- San Diego’s largest lead was 11 at 2:29 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 4 at 7:46 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 12-0 on the season.
- Texas Tech is off to its best start since going 15-0 to begin the 2003-04 season.
- Kristy Curry has a 12-0 team for the first time in 13 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 100-73 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 280-124 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 1-0 against San Diego.
- Texas Tech is 4-0 all-time against San Diego.
- Texas Tech is now 808-373 (14th all-time NCAA Women’s Basketball in wins)
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech extended its winning streak to 12 games. The Lady Raiders are just one of two Big 12 Conference teams (Baylor) who are still undefeated. Tech has a 17-game non-conference winning streak and has not lost a regular season, non-conference game since at Penn State last season (Dec. 5, 2010).
CURRY GETS 100
Shauntal Nobles and junior guard Chynna Brown were named to the Surf n’ Slam Classic All-Tournament Team while senior forward Kierra Mallard was named Tournament MVP. Nobles 22 points and 12 rebounds in the two games including a career-high 14 against CSU Bakersfield. Brown led Tech with 14 on Friday night and had seven rebounds in the two games. Mallard totaled 26 points, 15 rebounds and seven blocks over the weekend.
MALLARD CLIMBS BLOCK RECORD BOOK
Official Gear of the