7 p.m. - Thursday, March 22, 2012 - United Spirit Arena - Lubbock, Texas
Radio: 97.3 FM (Lubbock)
Texas Tech (21-13)
San Diego (24-8)
|What To Watch For|
INSIDE THE MATCHUP VS SAN DIEGO
- Texas Tech is 4-2 all-time in the WNIT.
2010 Wyoming 68, Texas Tech 57 (OT) Second Round
- The Lady Raiders have won each of their two WNIT games by 14 points.
- Junior guard Monique Smalls started her 100th game of her career on Sunday. She and junior guard Casey Morris are the only two players to start all 34 games this season. Smalls has started every game at Texas Techsince coming to Lubbock in 2009.
- Senior forward Jordan Barncastle scored a season-high 21 points to finish in double figures for the fifth time this season. She's only third Lady Raider to score 20 points or more in a postseason WNIT game.
- Junior guard Casey Morris scored 12 points to be in double figures for the eighth time in 14 games and 17th time overall this season.
- Sophomore forward Kelsi Baker scored 10 points for her first game in double figures since scoring 12 against Baylor on Jan. 18. It was her sixth game overall in double figures this season.
- Senior forward Kierra Mallard had three rebounds on Sunday to pass Michi Atkins for third all-time at Texas Tech in rebounds with 932. She trails only Carolyn Thompson (1,247) and Alicia Thompson (953).
- Texas Tech's win on Sunday marks the first time the Lady Raiders have won two postseason games since 2004-05 when the Lady Raiders won two games in the NCAA Tournament. Tech advances to the Round of 16 in the WNIT for the second time in program history (2008).