Lady Raiders Fall to Aggies|
March 28, 2010
LUBBOCK,, Texas - The Texas Tech Lady Raiders (6-9, 1-4 Big 12) lost their conference tennis match to the No. 44 Texas A&M Aggies at the McLeod Tennis Center on Sunday afternoon, 5-2.
Veteran Kelsy Garland and freshman Caroline Starck earned wins for Lady Raiders while Kelsy Garland and Natalie Leitch won their doubles match. Caroline defeated Christi Liles at No. 5 singles in two sets, 6-3, 6-1. After dropping the first set, 3-6, Kelsy came back to win the next two sets to claim victory at No. 5 singles, 6-1, 7-6 (7-4).
Texas A&M won four of the six singles matches. Elze Potgieter downed Sandra Dynka at No. 1 singles, 6-0, 6-1. Natalie Leitch lost her No. 2 singles match to Nazari Urbina, 6-5, 6-0. Morgan Frank stopped Elizabeth Ullathorne, 6-3, 6-4, to gain the point at No. 4 singles. At No. 6 singles, Stephanie Davidson topped Stefanie Peana, 6-3, 7-5.
A&M won two of the three doubles matches to earn one point in the match. Morgan Frank and Stephanie Davidson downed Elizabeth Ullathorne and Caroline Starck at No. 2 doubles, 8-4. Sandra Dynka and Stefanie Peana lost their No. 3 doubles match to Christi Liles and Sheri Olivier, 8-3.
On April 9, Texas Tech travels to Nebraska for a 5 p.m. match against the Huskers. The Lady Raiders will face the Iowa State Hawkeyes on April 11 at 8:30 a.m.
Texas A&M 5, Texas Tech 2
1. Elze Potgieter (TAMU) def. Sandra Dynka (TT) 6-0, 6-1
2. Nazari Urbina (TAMU) def. Natalie Leitch (TT) 6-4, 6-0
3. Morgan Frank (TAMU) def. Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) 6-3, 6-4
4. Kelsy Garland (TT) def. Sheri Olivier (TAMU) 3-6, 6-1, 7-6 (7-4)
5. Caroline Starck (TT) def. Christi Liles (TAMU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Stephanie Davidson (TAMU) def. Stefanie Peana (TT) 6-3, 7-5
1. Natalie Leitch/Kelsy Garland (TT) def. E. Potgieter/N.Urbina (TAMU) 8-7 (8-6)
2. M. Frank/S. Davidson (TAMU) def. Caroline Starck/Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) 8-4
3. Christi Liles/Sheri Olivier (TAMU) def. Sandra Dynka/Stefanie Peana (TT) 8-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (1,5,3,6,2,4) T-3 hr 30